Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Dallas Quilt Show Recap: 1

I don't know about you guys but one of the best things about going to the large quilt shows is seeing all the beautiful quilts that others are making.  I'm always awed by the wonderful workmanship and all the fabulous things that are different from the kind of quilts I make and those that most of my bloggy friends make. Last weekend was the Dallas Quilt Festival and as always I took tons of pictures.  I thought I'd do a few recaps, hope you enjoy!  There were so many fabulous ones,  these are just a few of those that stood out to me.  I've listed the maker of record for each quilt and listed their blog/website if I could find it.  If I've posted your quilt without your blog, just let me know and I'll add a link!






Pat Connally, Midland TX





Sheri Mecom, Bedford TX


Emily Roney, Duncanville TX




Sharon Schlotzhauer, Colorado Springs CO (Not sure if you can tell, but the center of the flowers is 3-dimensional!)




Richard Larson, Plano TX,  I love the sparkle on the appliques and his quilting which is always lovely.





Terri Krysan, Lakeville MN





Linda Neal, McKinney TX, I love these parabola blocks and the fabulous quilting.  I was especially intrigued by all the stars in the quilting.  It's really a lovely intense blue, my flash just washed it out a bit.


More tomorrow!