Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas is Coming and the Nativity is Finished!

I hope everyone had a glorious and grateful Thanksgiving!  We had a lovely celebration in New Mexico with my family and arrived home (with NM Christmas Tree) yesterday evening.  I set up the tree without decorations, and so far the puppy hasn't really been too interested, but Bentley's tail is so dangerous I think we will really not be able to have any ornaments on the bottom branches.

Anyhow, I wanted to share pictures today of the finished Nativity quilt, called "Rejoice, Rejoice".  I finished the quilting before we left and stitched down the binding (it's a muted gold silky ravely stuff) in the car.  I blocked it while we were in New Mexico and my dad took some pictures of it for me.  It was difficult at first, the flashes he uses to take quilt pictures caused weird reflections off the tulle that made it look like the whole quilt was covered in dandruff, but after trying a different light source he got some great shots.  I'm so excited this is finished and looking forward to hanging it up tonight when we get out the Christmas decorations!

For more posts on this quilt, see here and here and here and here

Rejoice Rejoice, Mosaic Nativity Quilt, c. Shannon Conley, 2012, 39" x 39", Photo Doug Conley



Rejoice Rejoice, detail.  Shannon Conley, 2012, Photo Doug Conley

Rejoice Rejoice, detail.  Shannon Conley, 2012, Photo Doug Conley

Rejoice Rejoice, detail.  Shannon Conley, 2012, Photo Doug Conley

I'm going to post this on the 2012 Christmas Quilt Show, you guys should go check it out, there are some lovely quilts!







Linking up with




Fresh Poppy Design
Creations by Nina-Marie