Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

S is for Finished!

Ok, so S isn't really for finished but I am so excited.  I finished this quilt right before Christmas just in time for the deadline for the Oklahoma City Winter Quilt Show.  Any locals should head out and see it the weekend of January 12-14.   I feel like I've been working on this one forever but I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and I feel like I put a lot of work into making sure it turned out nicely with minimal mistakes.  It may sound weird, but I feel like I've done the best I could do with my current skills, and didn't cut any corners and that makes me proud.  For anyone interested in my (many) previous posts about this quilt, you can check them out (1, 2, 3, 4).

Sorry for the overabundance of pictures, I'm just so excited I have to show you bunches of them!

S is for... #2, c. Shannon Conley, 2011.  27.5" x  30.5"












I'm linking up with several of the regular places and also Works In Progress Wednesday, even though this isn't in progress any more.  The ladies over there have been so encouraging throughout this process I want them to see the finished thing too!  Rest assured there will be more actual WIPs next week!